Meet Dr. Choi
Andrew Choi, M.D.
Dr. Andrew Choi graduated from Seoul National University Medical College, the most prestigious medical school in South Korea in 1976. Afterwards, he served in the Republic of Korea Navy as a general surgeon for three years. Dr. Choi moved to the United States where he first completed a general surgical internship at the Flushing Hospital & Medical Center in New York City. Dr. Choi continued his training by completing a residency in Head & Neck Surgery at the Medical College of Virginia. This training was followed by a fellowship under Dr. Clyde Litton, a nationally renowned plastic surgeon, in Washington, D.C. In 1985, Dr. Choi moved to Los Angeles where he has practiced ever since and has been attending a series of continuing education programs until the present.
Dr. Choi has been an active medical practitioner for over 19 years and has performed more than 20,000 procedures including facial plastic surgeries, breast augmentation and liposuction. He has also been featured in LA Weekly and has given several interviews to the Los Angeles Times.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Certified, American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Certified, American Academy of Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery.
- California Medical Licensure
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Fellow, American Academy of Head and Neck
- Surgery Member, American College of Surgeon Fellow, Korean American Medical Association
- "Oriental Blepharoplasty: Nonincisional Suture Technique Versus Conventional Incisional Technique." Facial Plastic Surgery. Andrew Choi, M.D., v10nl., Jan 1994
- "Eye of the Beholder." Oriental Blepharoplasty. Ronald S. Matsunaga, M.D., Andrew Choi, M.D., Jan 1996.
- "Mucormycosis." Laryngoscope. Esrafil Abedi, M.D., Kwang H. Choi, M.D., Published 1984
- "Cerebro-Rhino-Orbital Phycomycosis (Rhinocerebral Mucormycisis)." Esrafil Abedi, M.D., Kwang H. Choi, M.D., Presented at 64th Annual Virginia Opthamology and Otolaryngology.