Double Board Certified Facial Plastic &
Otolaryngology–Head & Neck Surgeon
Dr. Andrew Choi is not only a double board certified Facial Plastic and Otolaryngology-Head & Neck surgeon, but he is also a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He has performed more than 20,000 plastic surgery cases since he founded the VIP Plastic Surgery Center in 1989. One of his articles on Asian eyelid surgery was published in the Facial Plastic Times and became famous, is now used as a reference article for doctors who want to pursue such a career in this field.
Dr. Choi pioneered an innovative technique of using a patient’s own ear cartilage in Asian Rhinoplasty that was presented at the South Korean Plastic Surgery conference in 1990. This has been adopted as a standard procedure to this day. He has also been featured in the LA Weekly and has given several interviews to the Los Angeles Times.
His advanced and meticulous surgical techniques and constant outstanding results draw patients from all over the US, as well as other Asian countries, especially from South Korea and China. Dr. Choi believes in helping patients achieve self-esteem, social confidence, and true happiness by creating a balance between one’s outer beauty and inner self.
- Fellow: American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Fellow: American Academy of Head and Neck
- Fellow: American College of Surgeon
- Fellow: American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery
- California Medical Board
- “Oriental Blepharoplasty: Nonincisional Suture Technique Versus Conventional Incisional Technique.” Facial Plastic Surgery. Andrew Choi, M.D., v10nl., Jan
- “Eye of the Beholder.” Oriental Blepharoplasty. Ronald S. Matsunaga, M.D., Andrew Choi, M.D., Jan 1996.
- “Mucormycosis.” Laryngoscope. Esrafil Abedi, M.D., Kwang H. Choi, M.D., Published 1984.
- “Cerebro-Rhino-Orbital Phycomycosis (Rhinocerebral Mucormycisis).” Esrafil Abedi, M.D., Kwang H. Choi, M.D., Presented at 64th Annual Virginia Opthamology and Otolaryngology.